It is essential to know the risks when carrying out a transport operation as large and important as international trade. Previously we have talked about the means of transport, its characteristics and possibilities, we also talked about the transport insurance and why it is so important to have one. See in Do you know what shipping is and why it is so important for foreign trade? y Did you know that maritime transport insurance protects the merchandise against possible risks)?
Freight insurance is defined as a contract whose purpose is to compensate the insured for damage caused to the goods by risks occurring during the maritime journey. All merchandise is susceptible to any type of risk or accident. Know the possible risks or accidents.
Peace of mind is not negotiable, it is insured! That is why it is essential to choose the appropriate insurance for your merchandise according to your needs. The risks mentioned in the infographic are:
- Own or inherent risks of the transport: In these risks are mentioned gross damage, sinking, collision, explosion, these risks directly affect the vessel and consequently the goods.
- Dangers of the goods during transport: Loss of entire packages during loading, transhipment and unloading, breakage, cracking or wetting of the goods during transport.
- Hazards arising from human interference: Any malicious acts by third parties, theft, piracy or terrorism.
- Breakage of the cold chain: Damage caused by the variation of the temperature, due to the breakdown of the refrigeration system.
- International war and terrorism: uprising, booty, civil or popular commotion.
- Natural phenomena: Cases such as floods, tidal waves, storms that may cause damage and/or loss of the merchandise.
These are some of the many risks faced by the goods in their journey, which is why it is essential to have an insurance for the transportation of goods. Learn more about cargo insurance by doing CLICK HERE . or write us at email@example.com to receive a personalized advice. Insure your goods from these possible risks!